Dustin says the bike already gives the large bikes a hurry up in the tight stuff, but still aims to get around 85RWHP to do a better job keeping up in the straights.
This being his first year doing track days and only been riding road bike for about 12 months. After a few more track days, he plans to do some club racing in the Twin Sprints Class.
Current specs of the ER6
- ZX6 BPF front end including the ZX6 wheel and brake setup
- Versey Swing arm with Re-valved and re-sprung R6 Shock
- Ported and polished head, Decked for compression
- I have modified the rear subframe, (which is steel) and fitted a GSXR race seat/tail
- Whole bike has been rewired to strip all unneeded wires (this not only saves weight, but also simplifies troubleshooting)
- Total loss ignition system and using a 4cell lipo battery to run the ECU
- Both intake and exhaust cams are ER6 Intake cams (This improves top end power and performance)
- semi wet weight with 1/4 tank of fuel is 160kg (352lbs)
Future plans entail
- I will be playing around with cam combinations when I visit the dyno next
- also have some modified zx10 TB to finish installing
- a custom Stainless Steel exhaust system from head to tail pipe,
Im still carrying the scar on my tank of my first day at the track, a reminder to keep a level head and listen to the bike!!
I will soon paint whole bike in a similar blue color.