ER6 Built by Dusto82

Dustin says the bike already gives the large bikes a hurry up in the tight stuff, but still aims to get around 85RWHP to do a better job keeping up in the straights.

This being his first year doing track days and only been riding road bike for about 12 months.  After a few more track days, he plans to do some club racing in the Twin Sprints Class.

Current specs of the ER6

• ZX6 BPF front end including the ZX6 wheel and brake setup
  • Versey Swing arm with Re-valved and re-sprung R6 Shock
  • Ported and polished head, Decked for compression
  • I have modified the rear subframe, (which is steel) and fitted a GSXR race seat/tail
  • Whole bike has been rewired to strip all unneeded wires (this not only saves weight, but also simplifies troubleshooting)
  • Total loss ignition system and using a 4cell lipo battery to run the ECU
  • Both intake and exhaust cams are ER6 Intake cams (This improves top end power and performance)
  • semi wet weight with 1/4 tank of fuel is 160kg (352lbs)

Future plans entail

• I will be playing around with cam combinations when I visit the dyno next
  • also have some modified zx10 TB to finish installing
  • a custom Stainless Steel exhaust system from head to tail pipe,

ER6Buffout
When gaining skills and learning to take it a bit out of our comfort zone, accidents can sometimes happen. I am just glad he was persistent, put his bike back together and tried again.
ZX10ThrottleBodyonER6
ZX10 throttle bodies is a common swap.

Im still carrying the scar on my tank of my first day at the track, a reminder to keep a level head and listen to the bike!!
I will soon paint whole bike in a similar blue color.

ZX10ThrottleBodyWork TrackDayWaiting OnTheTrack ER6SteelSubframe4 ER6SteelSubframe3 ER6SteelSubframe2 ER6SteelSubframe ER6Profile ER6ECUPlacement _LG12036 _LG11753 _LG11754 _LG12020
I personally think the bike looks great and wish Dustin luck with this seasons racing endeavors.

Chad

Riding motorcycles and wrenching since my preteen years, I have moved from motocross to street bikes. Being a teen back in those days it was tough to get me off of the bike. Now days even though I am very busy being a dad I still have my weekends and go to the track to race and on occasion will do a track day or two.

4 thoughts on “ER6 Built by Dusto82

• March 6, 2016 at 3:52 am

Thanks for allowing us to feature your bike on our blog! Looks good and keep us updated!!

• April 4, 2016 at 8:39 am

no worries thanks for showing some interest,
    I got my lap times down to respectable times to start racing, but another low side has meant the bike is back in the shed, tank took a beating so will be getting a rebuild full strip and some more work done on the engine, machined flywheel, knife edge crank pistons and new rods should be a start also a set of reground cams, fresh paint and possible a full fairing

• August 28, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Stay tuned bike is undergoing a winter freshen up (after finding very poor ring seal and problems fouling plugs) including rebuilt bottom end bigger cams, more compression and 05zx race glass, suspension has be revalued in the front with correct weight springs, modified top out springs for a bit more travel for out bumoy tracks, all done at home in the shed by my self and a few mates, aim is 85-90 rwhp, probably to much for my inexperience but better then a super sport, when stokie er6 and svs where walking away i knew i had issues with the engine,

its getting close once stripped frame will be of and blased and repainted metalic silver as with the engine,
    ive gone with a black tank nose peice and tail for now, not sure what colour ill be going with the faiings but it dosnt really worry me just get the bugger back on track

Ill be sure to send progress picks of the 2nd build

• September 6, 2016 at 4:54 am

Awesome. Good to hear that you are making progress on your bike. Thanks for the updates. Really nice to hear about our readers rides.