These are the instructions that came with my slipper clutch. If your looking into doing the install yourself this would be a good reference to start with first. If you do not feel that you are up to the task or lack the capabilities to do the install, please take it to your mechanic. I received 2 sets of spring buckels. There was a red set and a natural aluminum colored set. The natural aluminum colored set looks like it might put 1mm more preload on the clutch springs, therefor making the clutch somewhat adjustable.
LIST OF PARTS
- 1 pc. premounted clutch drum
- 1 pc. presure plate
- 1 pc. bombing washer
- 5 pcs. spring buckel
- 5 pcs. M5 bolt
- Remount the old clutch ( according Kawasaki workshop manual ), clean thread on the shaft main nut from old glue perfectly. Clean this parts with brake cleaner.
9. Check the clearance between pressure plate and clutch hub in pressure plates hole. The correct clearance is about 1,0 mm, minimum clearance is 0,35mm. In case smaller clearance change all friction plates.
10. Adjust clearance on clutch lever
11. Install clutch cover according Kawasaki workshop manual, and go back to track.