So I’m getting a little more involved in track days and decided to build a bike to race when I decide I’m getting to that point in my hobby. I picked up this 2006 SV650S off of http://www.crashedtoys.com for a song so this will be my starting platform. I debated back and forth with getting a Kawasaki EX650R or a Suzuki SV650S. I studied each brand and researched many sites. Many things came into consideration when I made this decision.
- Which brand? Kawasaki or Suzuki?
- Which one is cheaper and more plentiful?
- Which generation of either brand? 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd gen? (usually the newer the bike the more expensive)
- Ease of getting parts for either brand
- Aftermarket base of parts for either brand
- Carburated or fuel injected?
After answering all these questions I ultimately came up with a deal on a 2006 SV650S with 7000 miles. Keep checking in as we alter this bike into a track only racer.